Soul Food Dish of the Day: Cajun Shrimp & Grits
For today’s episode we are making Cajun Shrimp & Grits with creamy asiago cheese. A very special dish for Chef Nancie as she’s using her own spice, Spicey Cajun Queen. Cajun Garlic Shrimp and Grits are the perfect savory dish that you will want on your table. Best part is, it’s easy and will make any busy weeknight delicious. Definitely a soul food, comfort food, food for the soul, whatever you want to call it! It’s a great conversational dish because it warms you inside.
CALORIES 312 kcal
- 1/2 pound of bacon chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon chef Nancie collection cajun seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Fresh chopped parsley
- 2 chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick grits
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until desired crispness. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and sprinkle with cajun seasoning. Add garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until the shrimp is no longer pink. Then stir in 1/2 cup of chicken broth. I add red and green bell peppers in the end for a pop of color(optional)
- To make the grits: Add the broth, butter, and salt to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and slowly add in the grits. Stir for about 5 minutes then stir in heavy cream until the grits are thick and bubbly. Stir in cheese and
- Serve with the cajun garlic shrimp. Top with chopped scallions and parsley.